Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Design Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 7 – Jack Shanahan

Steve Blank

Joe Felter , Raj Shah and I designed the class to examine the new military systems, operational concepts and doctrines that will emerge from 21st century technologies – Space, Cyber, AI & Machine Learning and Autonomy. In commercial tech you call that an integrated product team, It’s acquisition with software engineering with UI/UX.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. You’ve seen this with companies like StackOverflow and Github in software engineering or Behance in visual design.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Work Better with Your Co-Founder

ReadWriteStart

It's challenging to build, design and deploy software. It's also challenging to attract and retain a loyal community of customers and users. Use Solid Agile Process for Estimating Development Timeline. Almost every software engineer I've ever worked with is irrational in how fast they believe they can build software.

Cofounder 121
article thumbnail

We Flew To SXSW So You Don’t Have To

Austin Startup

Is the answer a community portal? The answer lies in strategic thinking, great design, and ultimately with the end user. The key to rapid validation is to have designers and engineers at the same table. The correlation between increased profits and design-conscious companies validates my hypothesis.

Texas 54
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Then we paired it with a cool icon that represents wisdom and agility, Owl. My partner and I joked about being night owls so it all came together to become Infinite Owl Marketing and Design Studio, our full-service marketing agency for content and creative strategy and execution. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 99
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. Six years in business later, we continue to grow.

article thumbnail

@altgate » Blog Archive » Outsourcing For Startups

Altgate

The presentation was on outsourcing generally, not just software engineering and the audience was very early stage companies (some yet to be founded). Unless you’re a designer you’re going to outsource the graphical design work you have, but remember, you get what you pay for. 99designs are simplistic.