Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Open Source Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Open Source Entrepreneurship

Steve Blank

One of the great things about being a retired entrepreneur is that I get to give back to the community that helped me. agile engineering. The Slides/Video tab on the top of this page has all the open source course material for my classes. Visitors Guide to Silicon Valley. Secret History of Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ) Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. If you can’t see the Helmsman slides click here.

Oakland 301
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford – Making the World a Safer Place

Steve Blank

Introducing Hacking for Defense – Connecting Silicon Valley Innovation Culture and Mindset to the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. What do all these groups in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community (DOD/IC) have in common? Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CIA, NSA. North Korea.

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. He’s spent the last four years in Silicon Valley out of uniform continuing that work.

Community 212
article thumbnail

Nine Webcasts to Learn From

Startup Lessons Learned

Kent, a veteran programmer, a founder of the Agile method and the creator of Extreme Programming, came armed with anecdotes and lessons from his own experience, as well as a few questions for Eric. And so I can see many more cycles through the loop of how software evolves, how innovation disperses in a community, and so on."

Lean 165
article thumbnail

The free software hiring advantage

Startup Lessons Learned

Heres the short version: hire people from the online communities that develop free software. Yes, you may be more familiar with the term open source, but lets give credit where credit is due , at least for today). Another unexpected benefit comes when you hire people who are part of the same online coding community.

article thumbnail

What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups?

Startup Lessons Learned

So heres my simple question: What do folks in Washington need to know about the global community of entrepreneurs? Much of what makes the USA, and Silicon Valley in particular, such a great place to start a company is the result of good government policy. One school of thought is something like: leave startups alone!

DC 90