Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

There was a lot of consumer internet activity again…resurgence of things, but it was still mysterious, venture capital was still kind of closed, 1st time entrepreneurs had a lot of questions that were unanswered, and there was still some sort of hand waiving around all the financing stuff and so we took it on….”. was starting.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I don’t have an MBA and I don’t live in Silicon Valley. I’m not your average angel. 16 Tips on Raising Startup Funding from Unlikely Angels.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

The last blogger in Silicon Valley. Touched by an Angel. I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. What would the VC corollary to Touched by an Angel, be.

article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

But now to answer one of the most common questions I get “How do I find angel investors?” With today’s access to the Internet, and Google searches, it really isn’t that hard. The Founding Chapter is in Silicon Valley, California, (naturally). USA Angel Investment Network. Angel Capital Association (ACA).

article thumbnail

Resources to Find Angel Funding

Business Plan Blog

Angel investors are people too, and want you to understand their motivation as much as they want to understand yours, and will not respond well to those kinds of pitches. With the internet access available almost everywhere finding an investor, nowadays, is just a Google search away.

article thumbnail

Angel Bootcamp, The Blog Post: A Primer on Angel Investing

View from Seed

A little under a year ago, we hosted an event called Angel Bootcamp that was a primer for folks thinking about getting into angel investing. It was really helpful for the community, and it is something we’ll probably do again, although not every year. Outcomes in angel investing exhibit a power law. Investment Strategy.