Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

Since the term “cloud computing” was coined in 1996—at least as we have come to understand its meaning—the software as a service industry has exploded. Step 1: Start with a lean plan. I started UpKeep after seeing and using traditional enterprise software. Use your knowledge of an industry to solve a problem. “I

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

However, in private markets, there is more room to optimize across all 11 steps of the investing process: firm management , marketing, fundraising , origination , manage relationships, due diligence, negotiation, monitoring, portfolio acceleration , reporting, and. They read reviews of the products of target investments.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Best Ways to Save Money as a New Startup

ReadWriteStart

Even if you have an angel investor or a venture capital (VC) firm backing you, you’ll have an abundance of expenses, limited income, and a finite amount of time before the money completely runs out. So what are the best ways to stay on the lean-side of things? Rely on Open Source Software. Review these expenses carefully.

Startup 106
article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Posts for July 2010

SoCal CTO

5 Lessons from 150 startup pitches - A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks , July 11, 2010 I just reviewed several hundred startup pitches for Capital Factory. The collapse of the IPO market and dysfunctional math in the venture capital community has stacked the odds against you. Not that I blame you! Here’s why. Silly, right?

article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Posts in June 2010

SoCal CTO

had two occasions recently to review products which had clear market leadership. How-to learn about angel/vc term sheets - Gabriel Weinberg , June 28, 2010 I think every startup entrepreneur (and angel investor) should have a good understanding of financing term sheets. It sounds like Angel Boot Camp rocked.

Cofounder 175
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Extension Engine - Software engineering and design.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

10 lessons I learned by taking the entrepreneurial Red Pill

The Next Web

I couldn’t write a single line of code, and I didn’t have any clue how to start a business. Four books helped me out a lot over the last few years: Four Steps to the Epiphany by Steve Blank, Running Lean by Ash Maurya, The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris and Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson. Learn to code.