Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Seed Stage Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Angel Investors want to fall in love

Austin Startup

Raising funding from Angel Investors can feel like a catch-22. It’s easy to figure out who the active angel investors are but it’s hard to find the right time to pitch them. Not all investors are the same. Angel Investors are investing their own money?—?they VC’s are investing other people’s money?—?usually

article thumbnail

9 Tips for Raising Startup Funds on AngelList

mashable.com

Joshua Baer is the co-founder and CEO of Otherinbox , a prolific angel investor and the director of Capital Factory , Austin’s seed-stage incubator. AngelList is an online community that matches startups with investors to streamline the fundraising process. This list of top angel investors is a good start.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Blitzscaling: Silicon Valley’s Harmful Idea of Success

Austin Startup

We had raised a small round of funding in 2013, led by a local angel investor who was a member of Central Texas Angel Network, and used the funds to build our first product (a mobile website) and launch with recommendations from friends of mine in Austin the week before South by Southwest Festival. Certainly.

article thumbnail

Why Launching a Startup Is More Expensive Than You Think

mashable.com

In fact, it’s barely even the beginning for most companies in their seed stage financings. Early-stage seed and angel investors all realize that a business will encounter a huge range of flux very rapidly. Getting funded is hardly the end-all.

Startup 79
article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. The Investors In researching this post, we solicited the advice of a number of investors.

article thumbnail

Startup Tools

steveblank.com

I’d like to add [link] as a community for founders. I am not associated with the company. Reply Dave Jafari , on April 10, 2011 at 10:11 am said: Great list Steve. Reply Faren , on April 11, 2011 at 1:40 am said: Hi Steve, Thanks for adding my ipod, ipad and web wireframe template post to your list.

article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Social networking. Ning Communities. Social/Sharing. Create your own social network. free enterprise social network. On-line Communities. List of Angel/SuperAngel Investors for entrepreneurs. Venture Hacks Angel List â?? raise money with angel investors.