Remove Baltimore Remove Community Remove Management Remove Partner
article thumbnail

How VCs Think About Adding New Partners

Both Sides of the Table

After years of trying to persuade Kara Nortman to become a partner at Upfront Ventures I can officially announce now that she’s joined us effective immediately. It is rare to find somebody who matches exactly what I’m looking for in a partner so when you find it you act: Academic rigor (Princeton undergrad, Stanford MBA).

Partner 408
article thumbnail

Bolstering the Partner Ranks at GRP

Both Sides of the Table

It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce that we have added Greg Bettinelli as a partner at GRP Partners. He had joined a young startup in LA called HauteLook and was interested in getting to know the local tech community. This is exactly the brand that GRP Partners wants to embody. Community builders.

Partner 360
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. And that is precisely my thoughts for Seattle and what I plan to deliver on Thursday night: Which few key community leaders are going to step up and get those neurons properly firing and connected? My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Groom, Maryland Home Buyers in Baltimore ! #6- In my entrepreneurship journey, I’ve made incredible retail partners from many countries, and eventually landed my own show on HSN for 19 years. As the agency work poured in, I also tried to manage everything on the home front. Photo Credit: Kendra Hill.

article thumbnail

Details of Upfront Ventures New $400 Million Fund

Both Sides of the Table

This brings our combined funds under management to nearly $2 billion. A huge thank you to all of the Limited Partners who have entrusted us with your capital, time and reputations. Upfront’s Base As you probably know we are based in Santa Monica and as my partner Greg Bettinelli coined, we’re #LongLA.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

In addition to entrepreneurship, she has a background in chemical engineering, supply chain management, biomedical engineering research, microbiology research, and new product development for U.S. Yarina spoke about the meaning of Sisu in Finnish, the importance of building community, and what she loves about being in Baltimore.

article thumbnail

Will Millennials Change Manufacturing?

Duct Tape Marketing

Dark, dirty and dangerous — mention the 3Ds of old-time manufacturing and HR managers shudder. Employers need to provide education and upskilling opportunities, and employees need to learn new skills and competencies to manage their careers into the information age.” The largest generation in the U.S.