Remove Bootstrapping Remove Community Remove Programming Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

Early on in the year we started out by refreshing the look and feel our influencer dashboards, launching a competitive referral program. What makes me really proud though is we’ve been 100% bootstrapped for our 3.5 years of existence, and with the launch of a series A investment in 2020 I can only imagine how far we’ll go.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur That Grew Up In A Household of Educators Creates Solution to Education Challenges

Hearpreneur

Right now, we’re focused on teaching two verticals: Web Development and User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) design. So if you want to be a programmer, we’re going to give a lot of things to program! Community driven approach to learning: many people ask me about online education. How is it unique? Any major accomplishments?

Miami 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

We have a special program if you are pre-seed and need product development. Our wheelhouse is bootstrapped (or lightly capitalized) SMB SaaS. In addition, I’ve noted a few multi-product lending firms, e.g., Kapitus and United Capital Source , which provide RBI as one of many structural options to companies seeking capital. .

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Top 10 Vertical and Social Web Trends For The Decade

ReadWriteStart

I offered to help him market his services through 1M/1M, since his target customer base overlaps rather nicely with the 1M/1M community. In 1M/1M, we have extensive expertise on bootstrapping e-commerce businesses, and will be happy to help her navigate the paths of customer acquisition, inventory, merchandising, and financing.

Vertical 115
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Are Media Sites Fundable?

ReadWriteStart

Today's roundtable brought some core issues up for debate regarding media startups that are focusing largely on Content and Community features and expecting to get funded. The company that has successfully monetized in the women vertical is Glam Media, but their model is of a Vertical Ad Network. Vikrant Mathur, CEO of iFood.tv

Media 114
article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Premium Lounge Sneak Preview

ReadWriteStart

ViVu is also a startup (funded by DFJ, and seed funds Inventus Capital, Quest Venture Partners, and Amidzad), and true to our philosophy, we're using the 1M/1M program to give them visibility. Over the upcoming months, the program will become much, much richer. Advanced Dental Technologies.

Startup 113
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. . (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund.

Equity 78