Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Portland Remove Small Business
article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

The vibe of Bend is appealing, unique and unpretentious given the number of successful business, tech and professional athlete transplants who call it home. It’s home to a small but growing tech community that has been developing over the past decade, and that’s what piqued my interest. What’s Different. Entrepreneurs in Bend.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

I started my company to increase the awareness about marketing within the small business community (what it is, what it is not, how to know you’re doing it right, etc) as I come across many that confuse marketing with PR or sales and are frustrated when their marketing programs don’t create the sales boost they expect.

Naming 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Friday roundup: Deep voice = deep pockets, Are highly creative people difficult?

Up and Running

3) Shameless self-promotion moment: If you didn’t get a chance to read my interview with Portland rap legend Cool Nutz , please do. He gives a detailed account of his rise to success, the secrets of his business model, and what he thinks is wrong with a lot of young musicians.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery

Up and Running

“You also have to have your pulse in the community and the industry to know whether or not you’re saturating certain things, or if you hear about people wanting your beer but not getting it. There’s no one model—or one business plan—for breweries. Each brewery will have its own unique model and plan. he explains.

Oregon 60
article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery: Growing Your Own Craft Beer Business

Up and Running

Building relationships with vendors and the local community. Most small businesses and startups that are looking to grow— hire a new employee , or buy a new piece of equipment, or open a new location —need to think hard about cash flow, or making sure they have enough money in the bank to meet payroll and other financial obligations.

Oregon 24
article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Tap Into the Subscription Economy

Duct Tape Marketing

‘Cause I think it’s not just a business model; it’s maybe a mindset shift. I mean, it’s always been a good business practice to create a customer experience, the likes of which would make somebody want to buy from you again and again and again and refer their friends. Anne Janzer: It is. It was an email.

article thumbnail

10 Entertaining Things to Check out While You’re Waiting in Line Today

Up and Running

Black Friday is great and all, but if you’re only going to hit the big box stores, you could be missing out on a number of unique things that small businesses are offering. And of course, supporting the your local community and local economy really is something worth doing. Small Business Saturday is tomorrow.