Remove California Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Techies? Write Your Own Ticket In Southern California

blog.socaltech.com

I’ve covered this topic many times before, but I keep coming back to it, because everytime I turn around I’m talking with both startups and established companies in Southern California who are telling me they are looking for technical talent to join their company. Tags: Jobs Southern California. Why do I say that?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In They created a program called Onward California in partnership with the State of California and with the support of governor Newsom.

Fresno 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

When my friend and the father of LA’s tech startup community Bill Gross first demonstrated his company GoTo.com (renamed Overture) on stage at a TED conference he was actually booed (True story. It may surprise you to learn that LA graduates more engineers than anywhere else in the country. ”).

article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

By contrast, as a venture capitalist, I can report that almost all of our portfolio companies are desperate to hire talented software engineers, and eager to hire in a range of other roles. A team in California is already creating a offshore seastead for non-US citizens who want to build companies in the US.

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. San Francisco, California. Director, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations Turn Security Solutions Architect Turn Software Engineer, Data Turn Web Developer HelloFax Princ Mobile Software Engineer Advertising.com.

Equity 87
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Exciting Companies Lined Up For Microsoft Startup Grant Finals

ReadWriteStart

Now, if the communication can be smoothed, the entire process will become a great deal more productive. Bizosys Technologies, a Bangalore, India based software engineering company was founded in 2009. Guttula, Bizosys' CEO, and Karana founded the company with the goal to "simplify software development." Discuss.

India 123
article thumbnail

Startup Act 3.0: A New Hope For Immigrant Entrepreneurs?

ReadWriteStart

One of the company’s four employees, its software engineer, is not an American citizen. Also available is a new five-year visa for students studying STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, math), allowing an easier road to legal residency. To remain competitive, we need more engineers and scientists.