Remove California Remove Community Remove Green Remove Sales
article thumbnail

Rusty Tweed Explores How Sustainability is Impacting the Construction Industry

The Startup Magazine

To this end, a number of commercial green buildings have been designed with features that promote workplace productivity and ambiance. With advances in technology, green buildings can also be built at fairly competitive prices. In California, regulators have forwarded a measure to have buildings achieve zero net energy consumption.

Green 144
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

The sales helped them raise $30K and the attention of a startup incubator, which offered them training and another $20K in funding. Before Jobs returned to the business in 1997, its sales, and popularity all steadily declined for 12 years, nearly driving it into bankruptcy. Photo Credit: Rob Greene. Photo Credit: Ryan Niddel.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I can now give back to my community in ways that would not have been possible earlier. One was the realization of what I was really good at doing – helping organizations with starting and/or fixing their sales operation. 14- To solve issues in the beauty community. 29- Use auto sales. Thanks to Ruben Gamez, Sign Well ! #6-

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

3- After the special feature of our community. Our business name was an easy decision: we named it Headframe Spirits after a really special feature of our Community. 6- Everyone who works in sales knows its meaning. We chose it because everyone who works in sales knows what it feels like to be treated like an insect.

Naming 99
article thumbnail

The Future of Transportation

Feld Thoughts

Nevada, Florida, and California have already legalized them, suggesting this may be less of an issue than anticipated. I’m not sure where that rule comes from, but by that measure, we should see the first self driving cars on sale in 2017. Green power reduces the energy efficiency advantage of trains and the hyperloop.

article thumbnail

How to Open a Marijuana Dispensary

Up and Running

We talked with two dispensary owners from pioneering states: Mitch Woolhiser, owner of Northern Lights Cannabis Company in Denver, Colorado, and Lincoln Fish, CEO of OutCo Labs, which manages the dispensary Outliers Collective in San Diego, California. If you’re in California, he also recommends reading Proposition 215 and Proposition 420.

article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: UbiGro

Austin Startup

A finalist in Hyper-Connected Communities , which will pitch at 5 pm Saturday, March 9, UbiGro is a nanotech-enabled greenhouse film by UbiQD, Inc. I truly believe this is the year where quantum dots make a name for themselves in agriculture, and so its about marketing, sales, manufacturing, and generally about traction in the market.