Remove Capital Gains Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Product
article thumbnail

Remote Work, Not Taxes, Threatens Cities: Why That Threat has Peaked but Others Remain

This is going to be BIG.

While those things are fun and exciting (well, maybe except for school), many argue that those things come at a cost—the monetary cost of living in NYC. That’s a very incomplete way to look at cost. The other major factor in what it costs to live in NYC is the opportunity cost of physical space.

article thumbnail

On Supercities, Economic Growth, and Income Inequality in a Post-COVID World

Ben's Blog

But network effects tend to persist because the value of the network to its participants outweighs the costs. These R&D investments matter because they enhance productivity, which enables the formation of new (and often higher-wage) jobs. Productivity enhancements can also help reduce income inequality.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My Top 10 Methods To Make Money Online

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

If I need to drastically increase the amount of product I sell or customers I attract to make good money, and that requires more of my own time to achieve, or cannot be easily outsourced to others (it often increases your labor just to organize outsourcers, so don’t assume outsourcing is a magic solution), that’s not the method for me.

Affiliate 111
article thumbnail

Series Seed Financing Documents

www.seriesseed.com

With Series Seed: ·    Costs should be roughly the same (if not cheaper) than using industry standard debt documents.  In sum, Series Seed creates a level playing field between capped debt and equity documents in terms of speed and cost.    This is EXACTLY why I created the Series Seed Documents. 

Finance 58
article thumbnail

Champing At The Bit: Can You Pay Your Workers In Bitcoin?

YoungUpstarts

You can purchase bitcoins electronically and then use them to make payments and purchase products or services from companies accepting the currency, and the number of these companies continues to increase steadily. Its appeal is that it is completely decentralized. Every Little Bit Helps: Pros Of Paying In Bitcoin.

article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

We’re still caught in the “post recession bounce” : What’s happening is that the angel & VC community is still feeling good from having bounced back from the nadir of the famous “ RIP Good Times ” funk that we felt in 2008. We took $2.3 Sound familiar? The housing market is not recovered : Sales in existing homes in the US fell 27.2%

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Additionally, Convertible Equity is “equity” that may have a lower capital gains tax benefit for investors, since it is likely classified as “qualified small business stock”. Product: The Funded.

Equity 87