Remove Capital Gains Remove Community Remove Government Remove Product
article thumbnail

How Federal Government Can Help Entrepreneurship

Feld Thoughts

Over the past few years, I’ve spent some time thinking about how the government can help entrepreneurship. It started with my role as the co-chairman of the Colorado Governors Innovation Council which was my first involvement in any formal way with any government initiative. Necessity will drive efficiency.

article thumbnail

Perfecting a More Digital Union: Ro Khanna’s Dignity In A Digital Age

Reid Hoffman

But while some of America’s most powerful lawmakers focus on cutting Big Tech down to size, how many of the major challenges we face, as a country and as part of the greater global community, can we solve without major technological activity and innovation? That’s why Ro Khanna’s perspective is valuable in this moment.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My Top 10 Methods To Make Money Online

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

If I need to drastically increase the amount of product I sell or customers I attract to make good money, and that requires more of my own time to achieve, or cannot be easily outsourced to others (it often increases your labor just to organize outsourcers, so don’t assume outsourcing is a magic solution), that’s not the method for me.

Affiliate 111
article thumbnail

Champing At The Bit: Can You Pay Your Workers In Bitcoin?

YoungUpstarts

You can purchase bitcoins electronically and then use them to make payments and purchase products or services from companies accepting the currency, and the number of these companies continues to increase steadily. Its appeal is that it is completely decentralized. There is also a bit of cachet associated with the use of bitcoin.

article thumbnail

On Supercities, Economic Growth, and Income Inequality in a Post-COVID World

Ben's Blog

Economic inequality and opportunities for job growth are directly correlated with overall spending levels on R&D and with the geographic concentration (or distribution) or those dollars — both public funding (government) and private (as with VC). Productivity enhancements can also help reduce income inequality. in 1947 and 7.5x

article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

We’re still caught in the “post recession bounce” : What’s happening is that the angel & VC community is still feeling good from having bounced back from the nadir of the famous “ RIP Good Times ” funk that we felt in 2008. 45% of all unemployed people have been looking for jobs 6 months or more – this is unprecedented.

article thumbnail

The Double Standard of Female CEOs Moving Fast and Breaking Things

This is going to be BIG.

The New York Times revealed that Uber had been using a feature that showed people it suspected to be government officials a fake version of the app that would deny them a ride when in areas where Uber was illegal. They blame everything in their life on somebody else. Good luck,” Kalanick told his driver. I have my doubts.

Cofounder 218