Remove Capital Gains Remove Community Remove Product Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Playing the Long Game in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

All four companies were in Los Angeles (or adjacent … Santa Barbara) and our community has now matured and regularly produces billion dollar+ outcomes. It’s amazing to me that a company that just a little over 5 years ago was struggling to attract capital at much more than $100 million valuation can now ACQUIRE companies for this amount.

article thumbnail

How Federal Government Can Help Entrepreneurship

Feld Thoughts

Make it simple – eliminate capital gains if an individual (who is an accredited investor) invests equity (i.e. The federal government has been a historically successful investor in innovation and the creation of new technologies, often through funding university research.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

We’re still caught in the “post recession bounce” : What’s happening is that the angel & VC community is still feeling good from having bounced back from the nadir of the famous “ RIP Good Times ” funk that we felt in 2008. And last quarter we now know grew at just 1.6%. Such is the case with advanced batteries. We took $2.3

article thumbnail

Perfecting a More Digital Union: Ro Khanna’s Dignity In A Digital Age

Reid Hoffman

But while some of America’s most powerful lawmakers focus on cutting Big Tech down to size, how many of the major challenges we face, as a country and as part of the greater global community, can we solve without major technological activity and innovation?

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Additionally, Convertible Equity is “equity” that may have a lower capital gains tax benefit for investors, since it is likely classified as “qualified small business stock”. Product: The Funded.

Equity 87
article thumbnail

My Top 10 Methods To Make Money Online

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

If I need to drastically increase the amount of product I sell or customers I attract to make good money, and that requires more of my own time to achieve, or cannot be easily outsourced to others (it often increases your labor just to organize outsourcers, so don’t assume outsourcing is a magic solution), that’s not the method for me.

Affiliate 112
article thumbnail

The Double Standard of Female CEOs Moving Fast and Breaking Things

This is going to be BIG.

There was what seemed like an endless stream of bombshell announcements for four months: Alphabet’s Waymo unit filed a lawsuit against Uber claiming that a former Waymo employee, Anthony Levandowski, stole secrets related to autonomous vehicle technology. Some people don’t like to take responsibility for their own s. I have my doubts.

Cofounder 218