Remove Chicago Remove Community Remove Design Remove Detroit
article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. It’s a very smartly designed debenture program.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #75 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! Chicago Entrepreneurism: Four Ingredients To Help Your Business – And This City – Dominate – [link]. Common Design Styles Used in Album Artwork – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure you have the right developer(s) on board in whatever capacity you need them, whether it’s a part time HTML or Wordpress developer or a full time PHP wiz.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My business fulfills me as I am constantly learning and growing, and I have also created opportunities for small businesses as well as local and remote communities to better provide for their families which is incredibly rewarding. 8 tons transportable dome capable of withstanding 200 or more mph winds due to its shape and design.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. It was always more likely that auto industry commerce prowess would come from LA or Detroit. Co-Working Space.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My firm, atCommunications, LLC—a Chicago-based Web development and digital marketing agency—is this year celebrating its 20th year in business! When I released this information into the community my life became in danger. The company has also grown from one Atlanta-based office to four offices in Dallas, Houston, Raleigh, and Detroit.

article thumbnail

The 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups

www.paulgraham.com

In townslike Houston and Chicago and Detroit its too small to measure. Who knows exactly how these factors combine to booststartups in Silicon Valley and squish them in Detroit, but itsclear they do from the number of startups per capita in each. When designing forother people you have to be empirical.

Startup 108