Remove Chicago Remove Community Remove Detroit Remove PR
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #75 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Chicago Entrepreneurism: Four Ingredients To Help Your Business – And This City – Dominate – [link]. Half of Detroit’s public schools being shut down? – [link]. How to hire a programmer when you’re not a programmer – [link]. Good points by @dhh about the end of the IT department – [link].

article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure someone is thinking about overarching plans around PR, marketing and sales and spends time crafting the right messages, understanding audiences and figuring out distribution channels.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

At the time of its incorporation (2001), I had seen an article published by the University of Chicago showing that 82 % of CEOs had revenue growth as their #1 objective. I’d previously been the lead publicist at a very posh PR firm, and the running joke was that I was incredibly “off brand.” Thanks to Crystal Henry, Basic Pitch ! #8-

Naming 101