Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Florida
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

4- To provide reliable funding solutions Photo Credit: Fred Winchar As a co-founder, president, and CEO of MaxCash Title Loans, I have a passion for providing access to financial resources to those in need. I started MaxCash Title Loans to give people secure access to finances. Thanks to Mark Lindquist, Community Phone ! #13-

article thumbnail

Turning the microphone over

Startup Lessons Learned

This struggle pales in comparison to what the Black community is suffering through. We must educate ourselves on the systemic issues the Black community faces and has faced regularly. Beyond my own personal fear, I received a call from my friend, a young Black man who lives above that Target and works in finance at Google.

Oakland 83
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Being a co-founder of a real estate investment company allows me to set my own objectives, determine my work hours, and reap the rewards of my actions. A couple of years ago, on a Sunday, my dad had a stroke which led to him having to go through a long recovery process in Florida. Thanks to Katie Horgan, Giving Assistant ! #2-

article thumbnail

[Event] Over 540 Young Entrepreneurs To Converge On Global Startup Youth

YoungUpstarts

Held on October 8-11, Global Startup Youth is designed by StartupMalaysia in collaboration with partners including Malaysia’s Ministry of Finance, the US State Department, YouNoodle Inc., Alanna Ford (24), United Kingdom: a young woman who believes that investing in women has the potential to uplift entire communities.

Malaysia 229
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. I started Walletero as an independent personal finance site offering free tools and resources. The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 106
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Everyone wanted to work in finance. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. “CEO is the new Analyst.”. Everyone wants to work in tech startups.

article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. And I tried to evaluate the idea and figure out: What did the founder really need here? Was it a Startup Founder Developer Gap ? Finance, IT, Legal).