Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Florida Remove Global
article thumbnail

Co-founder Engaging Florida’s Innovation Ecosystem

Hearpreneur

Brian Kornfeld is President and Co-Founder of Synapse , an innovation hub for entrepreneurs, investors, and governments in the state of Florida to share ideas, solve problems and ultimately provide an ecosystem that ensures everyone from pre-seed startups to exciting unicorns continue to flock to, grow within and re-invest in the Sunshine State.

article thumbnail

[Event] Over 540 Young Entrepreneurs To Converge On Global Startup Youth

YoungUpstarts

Malaysia will see over 500 youth descend on its capital Kuala Lumpur this October for Global Startup Youth (GSY) , a three-day idea accelerator program aimed at helping young entrepreneurs shape and launch new projects that will hopefully evolve into sustainable global businesses.

Malaysia 229
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Turning the microphone over

Startup Lessons Learned

This struggle pales in comparison to what the Black community is suffering through. We must educate ourselves on the systemic issues the Black community faces and has faced regularly. Like so many of us, I have struggled these past few days with what to say about the heartbreaking injustice that has shaken our country.

Oakland 83
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. I was brainstorming names with my co-founders CTO Jesse Forrest and CMO Matt Reilly. The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 106
article thumbnail

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet Some of Austin’s Female Founders

Austin Startup

Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia was born in Monterrey, Mexico, and immigrated to Austin, Texas, in 2002 at the age of 15. The MamaLingua community has reached well beyond Austin, Texas, expanding nationally and globally.

Founder 62
article thumbnail

17 Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Reveal Their Favorite Business Leader

Hearpreneur

2- Jane Thompson Photo Credit: Irene Bataller One business leader who has been particularly influential to me in the supplement industry is Jane Thompson, Founder of VitalGreens. Thanks to Evan Tunis, Florida Healthcare Insurance ! #6- His role in co-founding Microsoft and his ongoing philanthropic endeavors truly resonate with me.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Andreessen Horowitz is telling entrepreneurs it prefers situations where the founders have controlling stakes, reckoning that theyll be better able to resist outside distraction and focus on making great products. Why Register? Personalize your own news page.