Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Global Remove Maryland
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He joined Goldman Sachs & Co.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Groom, Maryland Home Buyers in Baltimore ! #6- Feeling motivated by this realization, I connected with my brilliant Co-Founder Amy Yuan, who then built a massive database consisting of reviews, assessments, and scientific research related to skincare. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc., Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Globaloney: Globalization Challenged. Breaking Up (With a Co-Founder) Is Hard to Do. Replay the event.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

fast.ai , the company he co-founded with Rachel Thomas and Sylvain Gugger is working to "radically democratize" deep learning by making it accessible to people beyond the tech world through courses, software and other methods. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

Because of a global donor blood shortage, particularly in emerging markets, clinicians and patients don’t have enough access to donor blood. Carolyn Yarina , Co-Founder and CEO of Sisu Global Health. What is your top goal for Sisu Global for 2020? We are proud to be a Baltimore-based company with global reach.

article thumbnail

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet Some of Austin’s Female Founders

Austin Startup

Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia was born in Monterrey, Mexico, and immigrated to Austin, Texas, in 2002 at the age of 15. The MamaLingua community has reached well beyond Austin, Texas, expanding nationally and globally.

Founder 62
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

Prior to starting my own public relations and marketing consultancy, I worked for one of the largest global advertising agencies as well as smaller boutique PR and advertising agencies. He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. Image Credit: Natalie Harper.