Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Incubator Remove PR
article thumbnail

Q&A with Business Incubator Co-founder Joe Maruschak

Up and Running

This is where incubators come in. Incubators were designed to fill the gap between knowledge and connections. Incubators provide that very important sense of community. Incubators versus accelerators: What’s the difference? Q&A with Joe Maruschak, co-founder of Fertilab Thinkubator .

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

The importance of reputation is why, for example, Andreessen Horowitz invested early and heavily in their own PR, adding PR guru Margit Wennmachers as a Partner. . – Incubating companies. – Thesis. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

The importance of reputation is why, for example, Andreessen Horowitz invested early and heavily in their own PR, adding PR guru Margit Wennmachers as a Partner. . – Incubating companies. – Thesis. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #105 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Important Questions Startup Co-Founders Should Ask Each Other - [link]. Giving startups a kick start: Incubators dole out advice and capital - [link]. CrowdSourcing Repetitive Tasks: CrowdFlower Founder Lukas Biewald - [link]. Steve Jobs In His Own Words - [link]. Why Aren’t There More Female Entrepreneurs? (by

article thumbnail

I Want My CIC! … The Benefits for Startups to Be Co-Located

Both Sides of the Table

I once mentioned this idea to a fellow SoCal VC when I told him I wanted a CIC in LA and he said, “Co-location is dead. Uh, I guess he won’t be co-sponsoring a technology lab in LA with me then? I’m 100% certain this would benefit our community and not just the entrepreneurs that work there.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. I gave him the same advice I give nearly all over-worked, control-freak, do-everything-yourself startup founders: “Your number one priority isn’t any of these things. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

BloomNation: An Unconventional Startup Story

Up and Running

David Daneshgar, Gregg Weisstein, and Farbod Shoraka, the founders of BloomNation.com. But, of course, they need funding—and wouldn’t you know it, one of the founders is a world class poker player. So, from the consumer end, the founders believed they could do better. Creating a better experience for both florists and consumers.