Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Later Stage Remove New York City
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions. ” That always stuck with me. That seems very Brad to me.

Community 304
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Impress Angel Investors and Make It into “Startup Heaven”

Up and Running

Many angels are entrepreneurs themselves, or executives and business or community leaders. The type of deals and industries they invest in, the company stages, and the amount they invest depends on the individual or angel group. Dan Nainan, Angel from New York City, NY | Website | Twitter. 51 percent).

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Are Everywhere Show No. 1: Richard Witten and Kathryn Minshew

Steve Blank

Richard Witten , special advisor on entrepreneurship to the President of Columbia University ; and Kathryn Minshew , co-founder of the popular online career platform TheMuse.com both joined me in Sirius’ New York studio and shared their version of being knocked down and coming back stronger. Broken startup dreams.

article thumbnail

The Bad Advice Diverse Founders are Given Around Fundraising

This is going to be BIG.

Yesterday, I met with a founder with an interesting model who was raising $400k to bring the finishing touches to her product to make it customer-ready. In fact, the only founder I've ever seen completely run the table for a multi-million dollar seed round based off of a Powerpoint is Chantel Waterbury of chloe + isabel.

Founder 60