Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Mexico Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. You might assume the event took place in Sao Paolo or Mexico City, but no, it was in Miami, and will be again in 2014. The decision to host the conference in Miami is hardly unfounded.

Miami 114
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. RBI normally requires founders to pay back their investors with a fixed percentage of revenue until they have finished providing the investor with a fixed return on capital, which they agree upon in advance.

Revenue 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. --> The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail. An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. The National Venture Capital Association estimates that 25% to 30% of venture-backed businesses fail. NAME David Cowan.

article thumbnail

Is This Mic On?: Capital Factory Members at #SXSW2018

Austin Startup

With ~1,500 startups, the Capital Factory community will be all over SXSW! Check out these Capital Factory companies pitching during SXSW. Casa Mexico is Mexico Tourism & the Mexican Government’s SXSW hub. All of Austin is getting ready for SXSW- and that means us too! Austin, we have a problem.

Mexico 48
article thumbnail

Epitaph for an Entrepreneur « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

Biological Clocks After Convergent and now single again, I was a co-founder of my next two startups; MIPS and Ardent. When the kids got older our adventures took us to Mexico, Ecuador , India, Africa and Europe. Thanks for being such a great thinker and advisor to the startup community! Never miss an event.

article thumbnail

Nicolas Brusson discusses BlaBlaCar’s journey from French success story to global winner

Cracking the Code

Throughout the pandemic, the company’s community-based model showed strong resilience while the importance of its culture and values shone through. Today, more than 90 million BlaBlaCar community members travel by carpool of long-distance buses across 22 markets. How did you go from VC to founder?

Global 62