Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Portfolio Remove Stealth
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

As I’ve worked to build out HOF Capital ’s portfolio acceleration platform , the #1 question I think about is: how do we scalably support our companies? Many VCs offer (or strive to offer) a bundle of levers and support structures to help their portfolio companies. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community.

article thumbnail

Breyer Capital Austin?—?End of Year Update

Austin Startup

Old and new friends have reached out to welcome us to their community and share ideas about how we could play an impactful role in this remarkable city and state. Even in 2020, a difficult year by any measure, the Austin community has surpassed all of my expectations. In my last post, I highlighted Swivel and OJO Labs.

Austin 84
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

boldstart in 2017, enterprise tech in 2018

BeyondVC

2017 was another year of growing, learning, investing and partnering with amazing founders. Once again, we are grateful to have the opportunity to work with so many amazing founders, advisors, co-investors, and other collaborators to bring the boldstart family together. 2017 Recap. 2 exits including yhat (sold to Alteryx?

Cloud 60
article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

Mari is now building a new venture in human-machine interaction within the Samsung accelerator, currently in stealth mode. Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform. What are some of the unique benefits and constraints from the point of view of a founder? .

article thumbnail

The Future of Startups 2013-2017

Scalable Startup

And that’s been reflected in the entrepreneurial community, where entrepreneurs, especially between 2000 and 2008, entrepreneurs really only wanted to do — for the most part wanted to do consumer software, because that’s the only software that they could actually get anybody to adopt. Marc Andreessen: We have a bunch of stealth investments.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Kapor Capital’s expansive portfolio includes Bit.ly

article thumbnail

“Focus is everything” - Melio's Matan Bar

Cracking the Code

This post is part of Accel’s Secrets to Scaling series, where leaders from across our portfolio share their learnings and advice with the next generation of European and Israeli entrepreneurs building global winners. You raised four rounds within 18 months, waiting until your third round before coming out of stealth mode.

B2B 62