Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove San Diego Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

” We talked about my influences as a younger person and what got me started in technology and entrepreneurship. We had a finance group for all of the bank branches based in San Diego, and I wrote programs to download stuff from the mainframe so we could do analysis three days faster than they could send us the data.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

by Pabla Ayala, cofounder of pFunk Media Is your holiday gift-giving list becoming longer and pricier than your current wallet can handle? Paul, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. Here are 10 online platforms that want you to show you the money: 1. Task Rabbit.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, the co-founder of Honest Dollar, an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

[Interview] Imaginary Friends Studios (Is More Real Than You Think)

YoungUpstarts

We speak to the founders of Imaginary Friends Studios (IFS) team – 28-year old Kai Lim, 39-year old Stanley Artgerm Lau, and 31-year old Kendrick Lim (pictured above)- about hitting the big eight. Stanley Artgerm Lau: I am a co-founder and creative director of IFS. Tell us a little about yourself.

Singapore 228
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Share Their Goals for 2020

Hearpreneur

My goal for 2020 as a founder is to celebrate the small moments more. 6- Creating a deeper sense of community. In 2019, we focused on expanding our product line at BestSelf Co. In 2020, we’re looking forward to now expanding our relationship with each customer by creating a deeper sense of community.

article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

The landscape for how to turn life science and health care technologies into viable companies has changed more in the last 3 years than in the last 30. But a new class of life science/healthcare co-working and collaboration space is another. A new life science/healthcare co-working and collaboration space.

San Diego 264
article thumbnail

Colorado Magic on a Friday

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been in San Diego with Amy for a while but we are returning to Boulder in a week. San Diego has been great, but I miss my dogs, my friends, and the Colorado vibe. Next up is a fun article by my co-author of Startup Communities Way (my new Startup Communities book – coming up mid-year 2019) Ian Hathaway.