Remove Colorado Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. The Andreesen Horowitz blog is the work of the famous VC firm’s partners and covers all things software in Silicon Valley and beyond. Andrew Parker is a VC with Spark Capital in Boston.

article thumbnail

A Great Example of A Professor’s Involvement With A Startup Community

Feld Thoughts

My partners and I, especially Jason Mendelson, have been very involved with Silicon Flatirons over the past decade. Phil’s note to the Silicon Flatirons community follows. Supporting entrepreneurs in our community is a central part of our mission. One of the key leaders in this activity is Brad Bernthal. You are awesome.

Community 238
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. We detail below the major categories of VC: VENTURE CAPITAL TYPOLOGY. Andressen Horowitz,ff Venture Capital,HOF Capital, Sequoia .

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. And especially if you are dealing with early stage firms where partners might have different areas of specialization but they might have a lot of connective tissue across things. was starting.

article thumbnail

Jason Returns to the 313 for Startup Grind Detroit on April 5th

Feld Thoughts

As many of you know, my partner Jason is from Detroit. In case you don’t know about Jason, prior to co-founding Foundry Group, Jason was a co-founder of SRS Acquiom and a Managing Director and General Counsel for Mobius Venture Capital. He is an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado Law School. The Motor City.

Detroit 74
article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

I woke up to an article in Daily Camera today titled Small Business Administration trying to bring SBIC funds to Colorado. As a partner in one of the most visible VC firms in Colorado and an LP in many of the Colorado VC firms, I’ve never heard from Matthew or anyone from the SBIC.

SBIC 142
article thumbnail

The Greater Colorado Venture Fund

Feld Thoughts

Announcing the Greater Colorado Venture Fund ! I am proud to share that the Colorado Venture Capital Authority (VCA), in conjunction with the Office of Economic Growth and International Trade (OEDIT), has selected the Greater Colorado Venture Fund to steward the state’s rural venture capital allocation.