article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

And so I decided to hire a blogging coach in June 2020 and she has helped me tremendously in growing my business. I had many phases of the business, working from home, having an office, hiring a team, to moving the business back to a home-based business with freelancers also working from home. I’ve come a long way as a blogger.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Can’t Decide What Business to Start? No Problem, We’ll Tell You

Up and Running

If you’re concerned about demand, talk to community leaders, churches, high schools, and your local Chamber of Commerce. Find out which areas the youth in your community need help with. Could you help children develop skills, stay off the street, and get more engaged in their own or in another community?

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Firms Miss Out on Jobs Push A new federal program that lets states give companies financial incentives for hiring jobless people hasnt gained traction, illustrating the complications of government attempts to tackle unemployment. Communications. Connecticut. Connecticut. Journal Community. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

Empowering Women And People Of Color In The Workplace

Duct Tape Marketing

He worked his way up from a male sort all the way to postmaster general in the state of Connecticut. If they say to hire you, they say to move you forward or to interview you, that person's influence is high enough where it's a no brainer. That's all you have to do in my book, I talk a lot about my father and he is a veteran.

article thumbnail

Why Having A BHAG Is Critical To Your Company’s Success

YoungUpstarts

We started franchising and slowly expanded from Fairfield County in Connecticut over to New York. From who we hire to planning out which strategic initiatives we’ll invest in, e very decision we consider supports making this goal a reality. By 2025, our BHAG is to ensure no junk picked up by The Junkluggers ends up in a landfill.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

So now here in CT people will search for we buy houses in connecticut. Do this right and you have a winner with the potential to grow a whole new community of young givers, cheerful to give back and donate to charity. I used to believe that the entire hiring process needed to be reworked. Thanks to Chima Ezeilo, FunDonor !

Naming 93