article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Citizen Space. Ignition Alley.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A closer look at Lean Startup Conference 2018

Startup Lessons Learned

His understanding of the value of building community has informed all of his work, and he views it as an integral part of creating a company. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas. If you haven’t registered yet, you can do it here.

Lean 103
article thumbnail

Boulder Community Health Takes On The Mental Health Stigma

Feld Thoughts

This first appeared in the Boulder Community Health Foundation Summer 2019 Magazine in an article titled Taking On The Mental Health Stigma. I started the second week of 2013 in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show. We are a special community at the forefront of many things in our society.

Community 165
article thumbnail

Founder Suicides

Feld Thoughts

It’s part of a series done by Re/code on the Downtown Las Vegas project. It’s a rough one that talks about three suicides – Jody Sherman (4/13), Ovik Banerjee (1/14), and Matt Berman (4/14) – all people involved in the Vegas Tech phenomenon. Depression depression las vegas startup communities suicide'

Las Vegas 195
article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2017

Hearpreneur

One of my major accomplishments of 2017 is being named Chair of the Public Relations and Communications Committee for The Los Angeles South Chamber of Commerce. communities through business development, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy education. Thanks to Zondra Wilson, Blu Skin Care, LLLC ! #8- 8- Creating LUX Rave.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup in New Places: The Lean Startup Conference 2018

Startup Lessons Learned

So much happened when the Lean Startup Community came together in Las Vegas last month for this year’s conference that I’m still processing it all. The high levels of learning, great conversations, and most of all camaraderie between entrepreneurs of all kinds was amazing to be a part of.