article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country. In many instances, whether that’s starting a business, or working on a business, or caring for a loved one, or volunteering in the community, or something artistic and creative. And he’s right.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Our conversation shifted toward discussing the problems within the podcast industry, specifically podcast apps, and how we might solve those issues. We ended up with a new solution: create a new socially-based podcast app. I grew up on a dairy farm in rural New Hampshire. Thanks to Robert Brill, BrillMedia.co ! #4-

Naming 149
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Journal Community. Massachusetts.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.

article thumbnail

Show Them The Love When You Can’t Show Them The Money

YoungUpstarts

Remember to always praise in public as ‘loudly as possible,’ and conversely, criticize only in private! He just broke our Nashua, New Hampshire, store’s all-time sales record. After graduating from Tufts University, he joined the family business and spent the next eighteen years helping to grow it to new heights.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. The breakdown: “Capturing conversation outside brand-owned channels is not a perfect science, but at the moment, Radian6 is leading the pack. The breakdown: “This is a new vendor for us. Erin Hoskins, Senior Marketing Director, New Media, Meredit h. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community.

article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. million and quit the night of the New Hampshire Primary, winning no delegates. Kathryn is exceedingly practical.

Campaign 144