article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

His father came from Romania. So my family is Jewish and very typical immigration story – his father left Romania at 19, had to get a fake passport in order to get out of the country, left and never went back, and left in the middle of winter and got frostbite. How should we as entrepreneurs and as a community be acting? [00:52:12]

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Is Outsourcing Exploitation?

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

We’re currently running tests to find a good graphics person, then next up will be a coder, a VA and so on until I have a solid team of talented people, all of whom will cost under $1600 a month total to employ full time. I can’t even hire ONE Australian full time on that kind of money, let alone an entire team.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #6, helpwithcovid.com

Startup Lessons Learned

Highlights from the show Radu on his background and what he was doing before HelpWithCovid.com (2:53) Radu on being a builder and his experiences with YCombinator (4:04) Radu's quarantine life and his parents quarantine life in Romania. (5:45) Eric Ries : You're originally from Romania, right? 18:06) The tech that powers the site. (19:22)

Romania 60
article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

But I think its fair to say that the Dutch post-World War II welfare state isn’t exactly breeding the young and hungry entrepreneur you find in Turkey, Romania and Estonia. As a general rule, the more trust a society has, the lower the cost/friction of transacting with each other.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Most simulcasts are free, although some charge a small fee to cover their costs.

article thumbnail

Y Combinator's First Batch: Where Are They Now?

thenextweb.com

The site is now the world’s largest live-streaming community, with a reported number of over 40 million registered users, and is still ran by original co-founder Shear. 10 of the Most Disturbing Communities on the Web. Latin America. Middle East. Y Combinator’s first batch: where are they now? From small seeds grow mighty oaks.