article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system. that cities such as San Francisco and New York have built.

Miami 114
article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. We don’t know of any other location in DC or elsewhere in the country where multiple government innovation groups are colocated together with startups to create their own center of gravity. You can see a much larger list at the end. What gives?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introduction to the New York Fintech Community

David Teten

Most significant VCs in New York , including ff Venture Capital , are active investors in fintech. Aquiline Capital Partners. Other East Coast VCs: Fenway Summer Ventures (DC). Route Sixty-Six Ventures (DC). AXA Strategic Ventures. Citi Ventures. Capital One Growth Ventures.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

Both Sides of the Table

And I am often approached by entrepreneurs in cities which don’t have a vibrant VC community. Where do you want to build your community, your relationships, your family?” If their commitment to staying local is weak I normally say, “Well, it certainly would be easier on you to be in a larger community.

article thumbnail

How Philadelphia is Winning a Startup Renaissance

The Startup Magazine

In the US, places like San Francisco, Austin, Seattle, and Washington, DC get the lion’s share of attention as startup sweet spots. Meanwhile, Philly quietly chugs away drawing entrepreneurs and venture capital (VC) dollars. An Abundance of Entertainment, Community, and Recreation. Washington, DC is 150 miles away.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

In a search done today, a web developer in Washington, DC should make anywhere from $70,000 to $120,000 per year. With this you have a new rate range for a Washington, DC based programmer of web applications: $42.15-$67.15 client / Washington, DC ($500 Referral Reward) Developer/Partner / Rocket Whale, Inc.

article thumbnail

Here are More Signs that LA Tech is Moving to the Next Level

Both Sides of the Table

Mike Lincoln (Washington DC / Virginia … Cooley). He built a practice around a growing community in the Mid Atlantic and beyond. Nearly everybody in the DC region had told me, “You must meet Mike. He became the go-to guy for many in our community including me. Don Lee (LA … LKP). By now I know many more.