article thumbnail

5 Things to Compare When Choosing an eCommerce Platform

Up and Running

Plain and simple, if you want to enter any aspect of the online business world, you are going to need a surface level understanding of search engine optimization—at the very least. To put it simply, it’s everything that goes into making sure your site is visible to search engines like Google. What is SEO ?

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Things a Small Business Owner Can Do to Get the Most Out of WordPress

Duct Tape Marketing

The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin is the most popular search engine visibility plugin. It controls title/description tags, avoids duplicate content, and sets up an XML sitemap for search engines. Schema markup helps search engines understand the intention and categorization of web sites to assist with customer acquisition.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea

www.virtuosimedia.com

Community Resources. XML Tutorials. Benjamin Kuker May 17, 2011 Tweet I have a feeling I might step on a few toes with this article, but finding a technical cofounder for an online business idea is a topic that I’ve seen come up often across a number of business community websites. Terms of Use. Newsletters. Write For Us.

article thumbnail

Winning the Game of Search with Tools

Duct Tape Marketing

Figuring out how to build authority for your content in the eyes of search engines – Link and networking research. GetListed.org: See how your business is listed on Google, Bing, and other local search engines. Marketing Strategy Web Marketing Keyword research Link builiding Search engine optimization' GetListed.org.

Search 68
article thumbnail

How to Hire for Sweat Equity…

www.drowningamerican.com

Application programming Expertise: PHP, ColdFusion, AJAX, Web Services (RSS, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.). Build a team – we have plans to hire at a minimum 2 more engineers once funded with many more to follow and you will be hand selecting your team. Quick question: How did you decide on 3-5% equity for the first engineer hire?

article thumbnail

How I Blog

Duct Tape Marketing

pMachine later morphed into a tool that’s still available called Expression Engine. Google XML Sitemaps - helps push content to search engines. Content approach. I don’t plan what I am going to write too far in advance. Blogging platform. I started this blog in 2003 using an oddly named software called pMachine.

XML 66