article thumbnail

8 Challenges For Startups With A Neighborhood Focus

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 361
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share How They Prepare for a Bad Economy

Hearpreneur

As I've taken the time to invest in companies and programs that can manage various facets of my business on my behalf, I've been able to increase my revenue and provide better financial insulation for my firm to help it withstand the negative effects of a recession. This will keep them sustainable should revenues take a dive.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Nick Edwards, Snow Finders ! #3- They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. billion in revenue annually. As of 2020, the company’s revenue stands at $69,217 with over 2 lakh employees. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Their Thoughts on the Future of Entrepreneurship

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Linda Chavez, Seniors Life Insurance Finder ! #16- Entrepreneurs will concentrate their efforts on going small, in which businesses have the adaptability to generate revenue while holding true to their core values. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Matt Miller, Embroker ! #19-

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Over the years, despite massive losses, Netflix was able to bounce back and improve its revenue by 47%. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. Thanks to Lorie Carson, Real People Finder ! #20- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

Hyperlocal Has Great Potential And Real Challenges

Startup Professionals Musings

There is also more going on in every location, so this personal need and super sensitivity to the local community has spawned a new breed of Internet startups, called “hyperlocal.” These hyperlocal sites don’t have to compete with global sites, and always have unique content, community advertising, and local issues.

Finder 210