article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. Why not be a good global citizen and add to the bottom line at the same time? Promote remote.

Lean 80
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Embrace: Valerie Lopez on the importance of employee-led resource groups

Transformify

Our guest today is Valerie Lopez, Vice President of Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at Cision , leading global provider of earned media software and services. In her role, Lopez is responsible for providing vision and leadership to the diversity, inclusion, and equity program across Cision’s global organization.

article thumbnail

Lean Business: Save Money, Save the Environment

crowdSPRING Blog

Driving to Bloomington a few weeks ago on my way to the older son’s graduation from IU, I was struck as I always am by the sight of a massive windfarm along I65 in central Indiana. Why not be a good global citizen and add to the bottom line at the same time? Promote remote.

Lean 52
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

We have companies now who have every store, globally or in a whole country, shuttered. And what I think we, as leaders, owe to our teams and to our customers and really to our communities and our families, by the way, is this idea that the common enemy we're fighting against is fear and panic. Today is day 10. She's a fighter.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

It also had to reflect our plans for global expansion. My wife and I met in college in Indiana and soon after graduation, decided we were going to move to Chicago. Simply put, Dala Communications is a nod to my Swedish roots and the entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep in my family. Thanks to Leah William, Dala Communications

Naming 78
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Globaloney: Globalization Challenged. Globaloney: Globalization Challenged. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Bicyclists of a Feather Flock Together. Are We Really Getting Smarter? Mossberg Reviews the iPhone 5. Got a Damaged iPhone?