article thumbnail

Joint Statement by Colorado High-Tech Companies on COVID-19

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved with a number of leaders in the Colorado tech community since Wednesday morning as we’ve aggressively mobilized to address the Covid-19 crisis. local nonprofit organizations that are helping at-risk communities who will be severely impacted by this pandemic. Every hour counts.

Colorado 168
article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

I thought I was pretty sell suited to answer that question because having grown up in Northern California but lived and worked in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & Japan over 11 years I had seen quite a few societies and work environments. And that is what we’ll do.” Now they are partners.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

government does have some unique convening power and the ability to tap external talent and resources. After a quarter-century in government – serving with the National Security Council, the Senate Armed Services Committee and now State – Blinken says Washington can no longer afford to pretend it can solve such complex problems alone.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

government does have some unique convening power and the ability to tap external talent and resources. After a quarter-century in government – serving with the National Security Council, the Senate Armed Services Committee and now State – Blinken says Washington can no longer afford to pretend it can solve such complex problems alone.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

The institutions that governed our lives before are under extreme stress, and the cracks and gaps in the system are becoming rifts and fault lines. This hypothesis might be the case until we saw the crisis in Italy. I am Eric Ries. Then I realized, "Oh no, this is really, really, real." Eric Ries : First ever?

article thumbnail

Help Detained USA Citizen In Abu Dhabi

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

While there is a direct connection to creativity and innovation it is essentially a press release written by concerned leaders in the creativity and innovation international community. On October 27 th his colleagues in the creativity and innovation community alerted his family of his absence and the search began.

article thumbnail

When Small Businesses Meet Big Opportunities

YoungUpstarts

It can, however, be easy to overlook the importance of small businesses like the Chatuchak stallholders, not just to their surrounding communities but also to the wider national economy. Serving the community by looking beyond it. Serving the community by looking beyond it. times more likely to achieve rapid growth.