article thumbnail

crowdSPRING Community Gives Back – Campus Consciousness Tour

crowdSPRING Blog

Give Back is the crowdSPRING community’s way of helping worthy non-profit and charity causes in need. Creatives in the crowdSPRING community have agreed that for these special projects, no monetary awards will be given. The organization is based in Portland, Maine. Our entire community is honored to be helping Reverb.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

You see sustainability of farms as a key attribute in The Bouqs or Green & Blacks chocolate. Community Amongst the strongest indicators of whether large groups of people will continue to support a brand and buy its product when there are alternatives is the feeling that one belongs to a community of like-minded purchasers.

Curation 296
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Is a Benefit Corporation?

Up and Running

Bamboo Sushi in Portland, OR is both a benefit corporation and B corp certified. Other corporations may claim to be green or socially responsible, but becoming a benefit corporation shows the public that you are putting your money where your mouth is. Benefit corporations and B corp certification: What’s the difference?

article thumbnail

Cold Beer, Strollers, and Craft Draft Hipsters – What’s not to love?

Duct Tape Marketing

Essentially this is a concept that was started on the West Coast in Portland, Oregon. One thing we’ve done this year is another extension of what I believe in – trying to give back to the community. A: Jill Green was my business coach. Tell us a little bit about Bier Station. Q: What makes this place special?

article thumbnail

The Future of Transportation

Feld Thoughts

Companies like Chris Anderson’s 3D Robotics have built, along with the open source community, the ArduPilot, a sub-$500 autopilot for unmanned drones. I love the train ride between Portland and Seattle, and I’ve taken it dozens of times, including just riding up and back in a single day. Trains & Hyperloops.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Create a Successful Business Event

Duct Tape Marketing

John Jantsch: So, in preparation for this, because you do the conference and have your business in the city of Portland. Portland, Maine. John Jantsch: Yeah, I was going to go there, because I did a little search, I said, “Fun facts about Portland, Maine.” It was five fun facts about Portland, Oregon.

article thumbnail

Which Are More Legible: Serif or Sans Serif Typefaces?

alexpoole.info

An argument has been raging for decades within the scientific and typographic communities on what seems a very insignificant issue: Do serifs contribute to the legibility of typefaces, and by definition, are sans serif typefaces less legible? The php community practically did not bother to defend itself. Introduction. Morris, R.