article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. Coinvestors need to figure out ways to prioritize themselves in a VC’s preference stack for syndicating opportunities. – Syndicate Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) for specific opportunities.

article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

I see emails from angel syndicates all the time for companies I hadn’t even given 2 seconds thought about investing and I get full info, pitch deck and info about the round size and timing. But let me tell you for free. Every great investor knows this.

Cap Table 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Coinvestors: Flexible VC terms have not been standardized, which may make the investment harder to syndicate. Lower level of community familiarity. (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

Behind Every Great Product

SVPG

However, the Mac community was also very vocal, with passionate fans of their platform, and is also important to note that this community had very little love for Microsoft. Because she understood the potential for IP-based syndicated content technology, Alex started searching for new and useful ways to put this technology to use.

Product 60
article thumbnail

What Google's Penguin Algorithm Means for Your Business

mashable.com

Are you hosting an event in the community? Get people who know about IP address, HTML and its impact on ranking, QR codes, NFC and other 21st Century marketing tools. Mashable’s 20 million unique visitors and 6 million social media followers have become one of the most engaged online news communities. Hiring someone new?

article thumbnail

Transcript of The Impact of Dynamic Communication

Duct Tape Marketing

But when you are thinking about writing a book, you’re thinking about what ideas you want to get out, what IP you have, what methodologies you have and you want to get out there because you know it’s good information. Obviously, they’re going to extend their community to some extent to you.

article thumbnail

How to find a good programmer or web developer

www.peterdrew.net

You wouldnt believe how many people loose the valuable IP by putting way to much info in their project descriptions. Should be a simple $50 to $100 script. go to both www.elance.com www.rentacoder.com create user accounts and list your project. list a brief outline of the script you need created. not giving out too much information.