article thumbnail

Software Development Companies in Southern California

SoCal CTO

This is a private group of CTOs who are responsible for software development within their companies. They are generally the senior most person responsible for custom software development, database design, database administration, web development, etc. Yes, there are some events around particular technologies.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

Let’s face it – you’re probably an excellent salesperson, a great networker and a capable businessman, but software development is a whole other story. For every programming language, there’s a community surrounding it, making certain languages better suited for certain industries. Consider Your Team. Open Source Code.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Choosing a Programming Language and Framework for Your Startup

SoCal CTO

Some common themes from the discussion: Know Where You Are Going Before you can possibly make a choice around language and framework you need to ask all the important questions that are talked about in Startup Software Development – Do Your Homework Before You Develop Anything and Startup CTO or Developer.

Framework 330
article thumbnail

What is Drupal? or, My retraining in Software Development

Scalable Startup

But, there is a serious gap in the discipline, number of developers and community around real software development here. Drupal works at all levels of software development. Then last year I decided to re-educate myself in software development, but this time as a regular ol’ coder.

article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Java EE, Java SE, PHP, and Javascript are the most common programming languages. Java EE, Java SE, Javascript, PHP, Software, Development, Software Testing, SQL. MySQL, PHP, Software Architecture, Software Development, Software Testing, SQL, Web Hosting, AngularJS.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

250 Developers

This is going to be BIG.

The details of exactly how this was going to happen were a bit sketchy, but having a big hairy audacious goal galvanized the innovation community into achieving something spectacular. In today’s world, one of the bottlenecks we have to innovation is the lack of software development talent.

Developer 117
article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide.

Java 107