article thumbnail

The Summer of Initial Coin Offerings

Seeing Both Sides

Instead I will make a few observations about how an investor might think about the impact of ICOs / token launches on the venture capital industry, in particular, and some of the downstream ramifications that need to wrestled with. Need for growth capital. But many are. Shift of value from equity holders to token holders.

article thumbnail

The Summer of Initial Coin Offerings

Seeing Both Sides

Instead I will make a few observations about how an investor might think about the impact of ICOs / token launches on the venture capital industry, in particular, and some of the downstream ramifications that need to wrestled with. Need for growth capital. But many are. Shift of value from equity holders to token holders.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Missing Piece

Austin Startup

If you follow the writings regarding the Austin ecosystem you’ve probably read debates about the absence of capital. Some founders argue that Austin lacks seed capital, most participants agree that there is a lack of later stage capital. Community is definitely not missing in Austin either.

article thumbnail

TinySeed Applications Open January 18th

Software By Rob

To catch you up, here’s a brief summary of TinySeed: TinySeed is a remote accelerator designed for SaaS founders seeking mentorship from world-class experts, community with other talented founders, and enough funding to live for a year. Previously On.TinySeed. And in exchange for this $6k-$18k and mentorship, YC asked for 7% equity.

article thumbnail

Disrupting VC

thebarefootvc

I remember writing a blog post in 2008, post-financial crash, on how the recession was going to re-vitalize the city’s tech startup community, which would eventually help diversify the NYC economy. Talent and domain expertise in NYC’s large industries such as financial services and media, would free up.