article thumbnail

Rally Gives $1.3 Million To The Boulder Community

Feld Thoughts

After getting up at 5, having a delightful run at 6, walking Brooks, and then hanging with Amy for four minutes, I got in my car and drove over to Rally Software for their Big 1% Give Back event. Part of that vision became the agile software development products that Rally makes. Oh – that check is only for $676,000.

Community 182
article thumbnail

“To build a community, you need to focus much more on the user than on the buyer” - Snyk’s Guy Podjarny

Cracking the Code

That’s what I found most attractive about software development: building things. When you started Snyk, did you think about the importance of building a community from the offset, and is that what drove your decisions in terms of building and architecting the product? And I’ve always taken initiative.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tips For Standing Out In The Tech Industry

The Startup Magazine

The tech sector is going through extraordinary growth right now as key areas like cybersecurity, software development, and data science continue to advance and have become such a key element for modern-day business. Leadership skills. There are lots of good ways to do this, including: Participating in online communities.

article thumbnail

What is Drupal? or, My retraining in Software Development

Scalable Startup

But, there is a serious gap in the discipline, number of developers and community around real software development here. Drupal works at all levels of software development. Then last year I decided to re-educate myself in software development, but this time as a regular ol’ coder.

article thumbnail

The Digital Transformation Is Affordable For SMBs: Where To Start In Your Digital Strategy

YoungUpstarts

In light of this, software developers are beginning to cater to the digital transformation needs of SMBs. Owners no longer have to buy management software meant for big business. This means finance, operations, sales, and marketing departments as well as leadership can all access the same data. Automation.

article thumbnail

How to Use Storytelling in Business to Build Captivated Audiences

ConversionXL

Keep your customers engaged with community-based stories. The main character is Jason, a software developer working from home. They know a community-driven approach is the answer because they cannot save the planet alone. thought leadership, conversion, increased traffic, lead generation, etc.). Conclusion.

Audience 153
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Maybe we are talking about community servants or folks we previously thought were community servants. We can be deliberate about these things.

Fresno 60