article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

Franklin Bi became passionate about venture capital and entrepreneurship after he spent a summer in Silicon Valley, working on an information services startup focused on innovation management. in Economics, with concentrations in Finance, Management, and Entrepreneurship, and will be returning to J.P. Jason Frankel.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I learned how to maintain relationships with the client be a good manager who respects work-life boundaries from previous work experiences. I can now give back to my community in ways that would not have been possible earlier. That's one of my motivations in pursuing my family real estate business in New Jersey.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

14:06) Jen gives a New Jersey local government example of how the USDR works and how the organization is working at "The speed of need." (16:54) 35:50) Building community on text messages and threads. (38:30) 42:29) Where we go from here by coming together and new appreciation for government. (44:12)

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: SignNow.com

crowdSPRING Blog

Our first week of launching NotaryNow, we received multiple threats via message boards, forums, and I even got a call from a notary threatening to “Wring my F*ing neck&# and to “Stay the F*ck out of New Jersey&# if we did business in there. This is how we found crowdSPRING to do some logo and website design work for us.

article thumbnail

[US] Rutgers Partners H360 Capital And NJIT To Attract Tech Companies To Newark

YoungUpstarts

Rutgers’ Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED) , has announced a partnership with a minority-run early stage venture capital firm, H360 Capital , and NJIT’s Enterprise Development Center (EDC) , to attract technology companies to Newark, New Jersey.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Management. How well a failed entrepreneur has managed his company, and how well he worked with his previous investors, makes a difference in his ability to persuade U.S. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #19: Revolution Foods co-founders on feeding kids and families, being parent-entrepreneurs, and scaling food security innovations

Startup Lessons Learned

They were providing low-cost healthy meals for schools across the country and, before the crisis, were delivering two million federally reimbursable school and community meals per week nationwide. And we've layered that with another crises of the exposure of continued racial injustice throughout our communities.