article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, naming your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. Here is what some CEOs said about how they came up with a business name. #1- As soon as the name Equity Commons came to us, we knew it was perfect.

Naming 137
article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

07:20] Can you name a particular instance in your career where you felt like “This is going to work, this is like what I should be doing”? [08:58] Does your superpower have a name? [10:00] 10:00] Back in South Africa you got shot, what did that story mean to your journey? Let's go back to South Africa.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Marvel’s fascinating turnaround story is no less than a heroic action story where the protagonist flips the scales at the last moment and arises like the phoenix, just like the many superheroes it helped become household names. This raised the company's name, despite all controversies. Thanks to Ryan Niddel, Ryan Niddel Strategies ! #9-

article thumbnail

3 Big Lessons From African Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

Africa is a huge and diverse continent, and over the last few years, it has emerged as one of the world’s hotspots for startups. In Africa if you take a risk and it goes wrong it can have a far greater impact on you, your employees and community. by Sharon Fishburne. In some countries, failure is a big psychological problem.

article thumbnail

Best Practices for Nonprofit Civic Engagement

Board Effect

Nonprofits enhance civic engagement by encouraging community involvement, maintaining a sense of democracy, filling the gaps in governments services, and giving the community a voice. Provide learning opportunities where groups and individuals can learn about community issues and organizations before, during, and after events.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. To be completely honest, the name came to me out of the blue. I’d set aside a morning to name my new business. Photo Credit: Ed Donner.

Naming 71
article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

He reached out to younger founders and offered to help via his network at AT&T, Google, media agencies … you name it. Hamet started his career in Venture Capital working for the first post-apartheid VC fund in South Africa. And he followed through. So he had had a taste of it. We watched together. Los Angeles'

Partner 340