article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. Thanks to Mark Lindquist, Community Phone ! #13- 15- To make money on my terms Photo Credit: Shantell Young My name is Shantell Young. Thanks to Colin Merrill, Wisconsin Junk Cars ! #26-

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, naming your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. Stephanie and I wanted to incorporate different elements and symbols of leadership in our business name. 2- Conventional sounding name.

Naming 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Initials of a longer name. With a different business model, we wanted a name that didn’t sound like areal estate brokerage.

Naming 110
article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Madison

ReadWriteStart

Madison, Wisconsin has always been known as a progressive town - in part because it's home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Earlier this year, Forbes Magazine named Madison the 7th most innovative city in the U.S., Earlier this year, Forbes Magazine named Madison the 7th most innovative city in the U.S.,

Wisconsin 149
article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: ThriftyWrench.com

crowdSPRING Blog

Car repair services can sign up to have their name available on the site. Though ThriftyWrench is only available in western Wisconsin currently, they are hoping to expand into the Minneapolis-St. We chose to use crowdSPRING because we wanted a diversity of design ideas from the creative community.

article thumbnail

JonnyPops – Frozen Pops Business Comes Into Fruition

YoungUpstarts

Olaf College students has set out to provide the surrounding Northfield community with a premature taste of summer. Olaf students, along with University of Wisconsin-Madison junior Spencer Uttley, have developed their own business model, JonnyPops is the brainchild of Jonathan “Jonny” Jeffrey, a cousin of chief founder Brust.

Minnesota 145
article thumbnail

Texas goes to Kansas City for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit

Austin Startup

I attended my first Kauffman Foundation event, the Eship Summit in Kansas City where 400 entrepreneurship community leaders met to share ideas and create a collaborative playbook for entrepreneurship community success. The Kauffman Foundation is the non-profit name synonymous with entrepreneurship. We have first class problems.