article thumbnail

What To Do If You’re a Startup CEO & You Don’t Know How To Sell

Hunter Walker

Can your lack of interest or skill in “selling” be counter-balanced by a cofounder or team that’s great at it? And a non-CEO cofounder who can sell the heck out of your company is just about the next best thing to being skilled yourself. Highlighted Homebrew Portfolio Jobs. Yes and No. Or the Union Square veggie cutter salesman.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea

www.virtuosimedia.com

Community Resources. Home ▶ Businesses ▶ Startup Business Advice ▶ Current Page How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea. This article should also serve as a starting guide for programmers who are approached about becoming technical co-founders. Our Newsletters Contact Us.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

. – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. – Provide hands-on operational support for portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

In addition, their portfolios look far more diverse than VC industry norms. John Borchers, Co-founder and Managing Partner of Decathlon Capital , reports that “37% of our portfolio companies would be considered ‘impact’ qualified companies. 85% of their companies have under $1m in annual revenues.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

It was all technical. You know, the weird thing, Derek, and I should probably let you speak some time, but I was deeply technical when I went into Andersen consulting, and I got paid much less than engineers who graduated, because I had a degree in economics. Technical founder. And my specialty was computer networks.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Our categorization is not a technical one. This structure allows for alignment on the front end, and real-time flexibility for performance metrics,” says Samira Salman , a family office investor and advisor. . Lower level of community familiarity.

article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

But we got serious in early 2016 when we developed deep conviction around the immense technical vision of Ethereum. Fund Details We identify the most promising use cases for cryptoassets and within those use cases we vet the teams, projects, and communities. 3) Rebalancing — we rebalance portfolios monthly. Factom, Inc.