article thumbnail

Announcing our investment in Ada Support – the AI support platform that’s answering 2 million questions a month

Version One Ventures

Living and working in the SF Bay Area, I have been fortunate enough to be surrounded by people who are incredibly generous with their time and knowledge…Volley offers the chance to open this Silicon Valley dynamic to community after community after community.”. We led the Volley pre-Seed round. We love this story.

article thumbnail

You’ll Need At Least Two of These Four Qualifications to Get Hired By a Venture Firm

Hunter Walker

In exchange for doing this repeatedly, you get to learn the rest of the business. Some other ‘birds of a feather’ community you’ve cultivated. Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer And Venture Capitalist (Feld; Mendelson) is the best book to read if you want to understand venture capital, term sheets, etc.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

I was an early investor in a company called Harmonics which ended creating Guitar Hero … that got bought by Activision and then the rest of the company got bought by MTV and they created RockBand. “. I do something I now call community hours. Venture Capital in Boulder and other smaller communities. “So Was it David Cohen’ Idea?

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

This also appears as a guest post at Fortune’s Term Sheet. At the end of the process, which ran into the fall of 2003, we received term sheets from two firms and had a third which expressed interest in participating though not leading the round. The rest, as they say, is history. May 26, 2011. It was a $4.7M

article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. In India, the leading firms are slightly more concentrated with Sequoia India , Accel Partners , and Nexus Venture Partners being a cut above the rest. The term sheets tend to be fairly standardized and straightforward as well.

Asia 132
article thumbnail

Black founders can pitch for a $100,000 investment

Austin Startup

We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making our community an inclusive and welcoming environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. Winners include thriving Texas startups like Dallas-based ShearShare , Houston-based GroupRaise , and Austin-based Journey Foods.

Founder 98
article thumbnail

Female Founders! Pitch for a Fast Track into Capital Factory with a $100,000 Investment

Austin Startup

We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making Capital Factory an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. On October 4th, five technology startup finalists will pitch to a panel of advisors and judges made up of successful investors, entrepreneurs, and industry leaders.