article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. One of the unintended consequences was that many of the academics went off to found a wave of startups selling their technology to the military. Russia, Iran, and North Korea have also fused those activities.

article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

My wife, Ann, and I took a trip this past spring to visit Estonia, Finland, Ireland and Russia. Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. Audiences totaled over three hundred and eighty entrepreneurs, investors and members of the startup community.

Community 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Dual Citizenship: Business Opportunities with a Second Passport

The Startup Magazine

Due to these factors, having a second citizenship is advantageous and presents economic and investment prospects to businesspeople. For instance, the Caribbean nations permit dual nationals to travel to more than 130 nations, such as the UK, the Schengen Area, Hong Kong, China, Russia, and Singapore.

Russia 150
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

We've also seen extensive use of technology and increased remote working. 1- Seamless integration of digital technology. Construction companies are increasingly employing this technology to sell as many units as possible before the structure is completed. 9- Increased use of voice recognition technology. 14- Workcation.

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. We and our contractors had the best technology domain experts. Here’s why.

Community 237
article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

To my surprise, the ideas and technology behind that startups were not superior to the ones we have in Finland. Countries such as the UK , Russia and Finland are trying to replicate its ecosystem, to stimulate their local industries. Many of them aren’t reviewed on TheFunded, so there is little track record to refer to.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #76 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

This would be a fun way to get to work: In Central Russia, DIY Motorized Propellers Ski You! What You Need to Know About Freelance Invoicing and Accounting – [link]. The future of protein: insects. Grasshopper kabob, anyone? – [link]. – [link]. I hope you enjoy these links!