article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

This also appears as a guest post at Fortune’s Term Sheet. At the end of the process, which ran into the fall of 2003, we received term sheets from two firms and had a third which expressed interest in participating though not leading the round. How To Think About The Future. May 26, 2011. It was a $4.7M

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

She’s already a seasoned pro—three term sheets got signed in her room at the NICU where she spent the first 80 days of her life. I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Coinvestors: Flexible VC terms have not been standardized, which may make the investment harder to syndicate. Lower level of community familiarity. (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

Transparent Funding Announcements

Feld Thoughts

Kyle and his team went through Techstars Boulder in 2012 before moving back to Atlanta and being leaders in energizing the Atlanta startup community. in Funding: Here is the Valuation, Term Sheet and Why We’re Doing It. Recently, the gang at SalesLoft told the detailed story of their $10m financing. Data, data everywhere.

Atlanta 70
article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

In either case, corporations have to set up their investment vehicles so that the venture capital community sees them as serious players. Teten: How do corporate VCs interact with the broader VC community? . Others follow independent financial lead investors and most require that independent investors be part of the syndicate.

article thumbnail

Splitting vs. Expanding the Pie: Thoughts on the New Early-Stage VCs in Boston

Rob Go

Just last week, Axios announced that Stephen Marcus is raising a fund called Riot Ventures and Term Sheet announced that Nilanjana Bhowmik from Longworth will be joining Converge. Overall, having more early-stage investors is a huge win for the founder community in Boston. There are a lot of new folks in the space.

article thumbnail

Announcing NextView Ventures II

Rob Go

Prospective LPs evaluating NextView tend to focus their due diligence on conversations with these folks as well as other trusted participants in the startup community that are likely to have a POV on us. On #2, we have been fortunate to collaborate with a wide group of exceptional entrepreneurs, coinvestors, and limited partners.