| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC.
FEBRUARY 21, 2012 LBO Primer: Recapitalizations
Recapitalizations accomplish several of the purposes of a leveraged buyout except for an entire change in ownership. Thus, existing shareholders retain a share of the value inherent in the leveraging process the upside potential when, as and if acquisition debt is paid down from post-closing cash flows and asset sales
| | RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC.
NOVEMBER 28, 2011 Preparation For The Public Offering
Moreover, it is often necessary to recapitalize the enterprise The planning steps prior to a public offering are outlined in a number of source materials, emphasizing the increase in formality involved in the transition from a private to a public company. The requirement that the financial statements be audited is well known.
| || || |
| | WILL PRICE
OCTOBER 13, 2011 How to Fix The Economy
Will require recapitalizing banks but will avoid Japanse problem of "zombie banks" with billions in loans where LTV is upside down Rebalance global trade and address structural deficiencies (best reflected in the US current account deficit), whereby China and growth economies begin to consume. Abstract of how to fix the problem.
| | FELD THOUGHTS
AUGUST 20, 2012 What Just Happened With OnLive?
Rather than shut down, they found a buyer / investor (which could be a subset of the existing investors) who would recapitalize the company and keep it going as long as he didn’t inherit the liabilities. Disclaimer: I’m not an investor in OnLive and I know nothing about the specifics of what happened. Hence, the ABC process.
| || |
| || || || |
WWW.PAULGRAHAM.COM How to Be an Angel Investor
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2010
The reason you dont want to give them up is the following scenario.The VCs recapitalize
the company, meaning they give it additionalfunding at a pre-money valuation of zero. It doesnt happen often.Brand-name VCs wouldnt recapitalize
a company just to steal a fewpercent from an angel. Seven years later I still hadnt started. Thats ok. MORE >>
HIGH CONTRAST Startup Founder Agreements
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
The only way to remove their equity holding in the cap table is by buying them out or through a recapitalization
of the company. I have been thinking a lot recently about how to apply agile development principles to investing and key aspects of startup development such as team building. The first post is about agile startup fundraising. MORE >>
FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG How To Ace Your Most Important Hire
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2012
They will likely restructure your company’s debt more frequently than you ever have, potentially considering a dividend recapitalization
at some point. Once you have investors, this becomes your most important employee--one with a frightening amount of independence. This can be the most challenging thing for a CEO to accept. MORE >>
- Venture Capital Deal Buzz - OnLive Inc.
None of the funding has been used for reorganization or recapitalization
, but the dividend rate on OnLive's Series D and E rounds was 8%, according to VC Experts Valuation & Deal Term Database. By Erin Griffith, Contributing Editor. One venture-backed company is poised to take advantage of seismic shifts in content delivery. OnLive, Inc., MORE >>
BEN'S BLOG The Right Way to Lay People Off
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
outcome with no recapitalization
. “I’m tryin’ to right my wrongs, But it’s funny them same wrongs helped me write this song”. Kanye West. Shortly after we sold Opsware to Hewlett-Packard, I had a conversation with the legendary venture capitalist Doug Leone of Sequoia Capital. asked him why all the other startups failed. Trust me.” MORE >>
- 3 out of 4 Venture Backed Startups Fail…. Well, Not Really POINT JUDITH CAPITAL | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2012
- Venture Capital Deal Buzz - Don't Rule Out LivingSocial RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2011
- Everything you ever wanted to know about advisors: Part 2. VENTUREHACKS.COM | FRIDAY, MARCH 21, 2008
- Stock Market Drops. Then It Rallies. What Happens Next for Funding? BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011
- Considering Your Options – What First-Time Entrepreneurs Need to Know About 409A Valuations ORRICK TOTAL ACCESS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2012
- Maric Capital - Delaware Court of Chancery Halts Merger on Duty of Disclosure Grounds RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2010
- Do the Numbers Add Up for Your New Venture? FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2012
- Clawback of Fraudulent Transfers from Investors - Good Faith Defense Update RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2011
- Silicon Valley Frontlines: Two Tales of "Working For Equity" PHILIPSMITH.TYPEPAD.COM | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011
- Private Fund Adviser Regulation Under The Dodd-Frank Act RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2010
- Canada Pushes Embedded Contingent Capital RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2010
- Seed Capital Offerings RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | MONDAY, JANUARY 10, 2011
- Aspen Aerogels S-1 Analysis SECRET FORMULA | FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2011
- Q2 2011 Non-Silicon Valley Deal Terms RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2011
- Recapitalizing a Startup MCSTARTUP BLOG | TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2009
- Selectica Decision Upholds Adoption and Use of 4.99% NOL Rights Plan RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2010
- Latest Deal Terms and Valuation for LifeLock RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- How Deal Terms Affect Valuation & Liquidity RECENT BUZZES - VC EXPERTS, INC. | THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
- Entrepreneurs, Get Your House in Order Before You Present to Investors ROBERT OCHTEL | MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2010
- Entrepreneurs, Legacy Costs Can Hurt Your Start-up Company’s Fund Raising Efforts ROBERT OCHTEL | MONDAY, MARCH 29, 2010
- Downturn - Now What? WILL PRICE | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2008
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.