Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Need to Find the Best ‘Curators’

Startup Professionals Musings

These days, we all have to rely on a few trusted sources to digest and filter information, net out the relevant messages, and steer us with links to accurate details. The evolution and the real value of curator are outlined in a great new book “ Curation Nation ,” by Steven Rosenbaum. Both Sides of the Table , by Mark Suster.

Curation 230
article thumbnail

How to Create Free Buzz for Your Startup

David Teten

To begin with, the best PR you can build is through satisfied customers with high Net Promoter scores. These conferences are not only a great way to raise your startup’s profile, they also serve as valuable networking opportunities within the tech/VC community. Thanks to Joan Xie for her help drafting this post.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Create Buzz Around Your Startup

David Teten

I emphasize that the best PR you can build is through satisfied customers with high Net Promoter scores. These conferences are not only a great way to raise your startup’s profile, they also serve as valuable networking opportunities within the tech/VC community. Enter into personal competitions.

PR 114
article thumbnail

How To Create Buzz Around Your Startup

David Teten

I emphasize that the best PR you can build is through satisfied customers with high Net Promoter scores. These conferences are not only a great way to raise your startup’s profile, they also serve as valuable networking opportunities within the tech/VC community. Enter into personal competitions.

PR 60
article thumbnail

Introducing our latest investment: Mattermark – Big Data Comes to VC

Version One Ventures

Look across virtually any industry and you’ll see great examples where traditional spaces are being disrupted by software, access to data, and massive online communities. The net effect is powerful: it empowers all of us (no matter who we are or where we are) to learn more quickly, make better decisions, and operate more efficiently.

article thumbnail

Yahoo/Tumblr: Peanut Butter & Chocolate?

thebarefootvc

Tumblr, a next generation content site that epitomizes media creation, consumption and usage of the 21st century and of the net-native generation, has been acquired by a staid, late 20th century, Web 1.0 Users craved a “safe” place where they could belong to several communities based on interests and Tumblr provided that.

IPO 87
article thumbnail

7 Tips for Building a Strong, Vibrant Network

This is going to be BIG.

I've been very lucky over the last six years of being involved in the NYC innovation community to meet some fantastic folks. These people are bad for you, bad for your network, and take steps to avoid them is a net positive. I was speaking at Internet Week yesterday on networking and so I wanted to gather some of my thoughts.