Remove 1995 Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Government
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1 – Food is Always Needed. I believe everyone is a leader, whether it’s at work, home, church, or in their community. Each story is different though the reasons may be the same. Image Credit: Robert Atallah. Image Credit: Laura Renner.

San Diego 114
article thumbnail

In Santa Fe We Wish We Had The Boulder Problems!

Feld Thoughts

There has been a lot of recent noise in Boulder about growth, challenges, and the impact of the tech community on the city. ” Andy Alsop , an entrepreneur in Santa Fe who has spent a lot of time in Colorado, sent me a note with some thoughts about his view and experience from working as an entrepreneur in Santa Fe.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

The company provides management consulting services to small to mid-sized businesses, as well as government agencies – I wanted clients to know that the company’s values include balance, perspective, integrity, stability, and practicality. Teuko is now the lunchbox community that empowers families who pack lunches.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. Pre Internet Bubble (1995 – 2000).

Community 142
article thumbnail

Welcome to the Lost Decade (for Entrepreneurs, IPO’s and VC’s)

Steve Blank

The collapse of the IPO market and dysfunctional math in the venture capital community has stacked the odds against you. The Golden Age for Entrepreneurs and VC’s. Until 1995 startups going public typically had a track record of revenue and profits. Netscape’s 1995 IPO changed the rules. government for funding.

article thumbnail

Weekend Reading on Startup Communities

Feld Thoughts

So this weekend was about startup communities with a bonus book on the startup visa tossed in for good measure. This book was written in 1995 and published by the Santa Clara Valley Historical Association so the updated subtitle should be “A One Hundred Year Renaissance – 20 Years Later.”

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1 – I Have a Dream. I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. Image Credit: Enrico Bratta.