Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Partner
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). The Bridge Between Online Services & The Internet: AOL.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

On Going Public: SPACs, Direct Listings, Public Offerings, and Access to Private Markets

Ben's Blog

Editor’s Note: This testimony was delivered by a16z managing partner Scott Kupor to the U.S. By way of background, I am the Managing Partner for Andreessen Horowitz, a $16.5 1990-1998 13.3% 22% 1990-1998 13.3% 1990-1998 10% 6.3% IPO market. First, as the below chart shows, IPO pops are not a new phenomenon.

SEC 36
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

It was 1998 and the internet wasn’t exactly readily available. It sounds simple now, but in 1998 it was unheard of. I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years. Did the Canucks win their last hockey game?

article thumbnail

Another personal story: Timing is everything in a sale.

Berkonomics

The year was 1998. I’ve been offered $15 million for my company and my partner is suing me for all I am worth. And yes, his partner had a valid suit, having been locked out of the web-design business and denied access to decisions and accounting information. The company made little effort to charge for the software or community.

article thumbnail

Growthink Innovation Series: FinTech

Growthink Blog

Quite simply, the digital, mobile, and Internet revolutions are transforming the way customers access financial products and services of all types, and across all consumer and business sectors. The panelists are: Mr. LendingTree is an online lending exchange that connects consumers with multiple lenders, banks, and credit partners.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. At Blurb, we’ve built an Internet platform for people to produce their own bookstore-quality books.