Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.

article thumbnail

Dallas Startup Happy Hour Tomorrow

The Startup Lawyer

Blake is the founder of CoHabitat, a startup community and hacker co-working space that’s become a hub for startup entrepreneurs, developers, and creatives. Dynamo Labs was the first recipient of fbFund, a grant fund operated by the Founders Fund, Accel Partners, and Facebook. Gabriella Draney, Tech Wildcatters.

Dallas 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

On Going Public: SPACs, Direct Listings, Public Offerings, and Access to Private Markets

Ben's Blog

Editor’s Note: This testimony was delivered by a16z managing partner Scott Kupor to the U.S. By way of background, I am the Managing Partner for Andreessen Horowitz, a $16.5 Prior to joining Andreessen Horowitz, I held several executive positions in a publicly-traded software company and was previous to that an investment banker.

SEC 36
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

At first we considered hundreds of potential names, created software to look for URLs, asked friends, made Facebook posts, held meetings and drank a lot. I created blueberrycloud in August of 2015 shortly after I left my position at a local software company. background I wanted to serve our community with I.T. and the “cloud”.

Naming 82
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

It was 1998 and the internet wasn’t exactly readily available. It sounds simple now, but in 1998 it was unheard of. Thanks to Nick Chandi, SlickPie Accounting Software ! #8 I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. Thanks to Dr. Victor Allis, CEO and founding partner, Quintiq ! #4) That’s massive.